Friday, July 25, 2008

Going on Holiday

That's right: holiday. Or, as we say in the US, vacation. I just like saying holiday as it sounds so much more invigorating & European.

Mrs. TBAR & I are headed to Vancouver, Canada. Never been to Canada before. I have had many a Canada Dry ginger ales, but never visited. Been looking forward to this week since I was 10 years old & happened upon a magazine with an article about the place.

I announced to all my friends in elementary school that I was going to British Columbia one day. They had never even heard of it, much less able to point it out on a map. Such a sad state of education we've always had in the US.

In high school, I even talked about this trip. So to that certain young lady who tore my heart out & stomped all over it --- well, I'd better not say anything.

But I'm all over that now ...

So Mrs. TBAR & I are going to be leaving in about 2 hours for the airport. My oldest is home from college & has already agreed to clean out the garage, mow the yard, prune the shrubbery, wash all the bed linens & even take care of the cats while we're gone. Just hope the house is still standing when we get back ...

We're off to go North of the border.

No comments: