Thursday, July 3, 2008

Catchin' the Flack

Seems I'm catching some flack for my call out of Cal Thomas in my blog a few days ago.

First, I'll admit my unintentional misspeak: the article was not written by Cal Thomas for Baptist Press. That was an unintentional wording that I clearly shouldn't have implied. What I should have said is that there is a piece by Cal Thomas picked up by Baptist Press.

Second, the politic of all this is just so unsavory. People lose all sense of fairness in the political season. Of course, that is the point I was making with the Cal Thomas' piece --- why is it even written at all? What was the point of it, save to throw a barb that hints "if you vote for Obama you're voting for an unbeliever & God is gonna get you for that."

Let's keep it real. What possible purpose is there to this article? And why is Baptist Press even bothering with it? Unless it is to cast doubt to some who are marginal, why is this even being discussed?

There is a reason we don't meld faith & politics. Everywhere else in the world that ever attempted to have a Most Favored Faith or a Blessed Be Gov't of Faith, there has been a mess of both.

Some folks just can't stand it when the Sword of the Spirit cannot be wielded as fast as the Sword of Caesar.

And Big Daddy Weave got on this one, too. Check out his blog. Good stuff over there.

Just my $0.02. Your mileage may vary.

No comments: