Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm Alive

Last weekend I had to head down to a soccer tourney =early= Sunday AM. So while I'm half asleep -- only had one Mtn Dew at that point --- what do I hear my 16 year old daughter singing? Hmmm?

Well, she is singing I'm Alive by The Hooters. Here I am driving down the road at 8 o'clock in the blessed AM on a Sunday morning & she is singing I'm Alive.

Then it hits me --- that is a great song. I like it. I really like it. It speaks. It speaks loud & proud. No matter what, I'm Alive & He's the Rock in my Roll.

Dang. Not bad.

And when she's singing it --- just out of the blue --- I join in & at 8:05 AM we were starting the day off right. Smiling. Laughing. And singing.

A song that transcends generations & speaks Truth. Wow. Music is a truly powerful medium. Great band.

I hope my church's band can jump on this one some Sunday.


No comments: