Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hot as Alabama

Been away on business for the last week and finished early today. All I can say is that Muscle Shoals, AL, is not the hottest place I've been too, but it was almost unbearable last week. 

I don't mind getting away from the office. Kinda like it, though the work just piles up while I'm away. Still, working away from the office, meeting the folks in Bama, all add up to a good opportunity to relax a bit.

Relaxation. I rounded up a gang to play soccer yesterday during the only afternoon when I didn't have any meetings. Managed only 2 shots on goal. My knee held up, thank God. The Good Guys pulled out a 6-5 victory.

We all shared the cold water, laughed, slapped each other on the back & left the game on the field.

Tomorrow will be a travel morning & I have nothing else scheduled until tomorrow evening. While I apologize for not being able to post on my blog or even answer my emails in a week, the respite was good for me.

Now ... early sleep & will hit the road early in the morning.

By the way, the Marriott in Florence, AL, has some serious issues with customer service. I'll leave that scathing complaint to the email.

No comments: