Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Let's Get Organized

Spent the last 4 weeks getting things better organized. A few things I realized: 1) I live in my email and needed a better way to organize it - found cloudHQ suite of apps that made Gmail much better; 2) I found some YouTube videos on better ways to use Google to organize things - things I knew were there but didn't know all the ins-&-outs and the features of integration; 3) I forced myself to do what I didn't want to do, cleaned off my desk and did my filing - feel much better not having to look at the piles of stuff; 4) nature sounds (birds, a stream, a storm, or other background noise instead of music or news) while working makes me 100% more productive; and 5) I turned off a lot of the information that was coming at me from every side, every day, from every possible viewpoint - I know this but now I'm practicing the fact that I can get all the news I need while working out in the morning from WABE Morning Edition. The last thing I need is to have some announcer urgently teasing me about the latest Trump Tweet or statement or insult. One more thing: no more negative people and if I don't want to talk to you, I'm not. I feel much better, thanks for asking.

More details on all this to follow.

No comments: